VP Legislation – Michele Samuelson
Legislative Day – THURSDAY, APRIL 6, 2017
SPONSORSHIPS: We have sponsorship opportunities available for Legislative Day and Belles ‘n’ Boots! Click here for options.
- Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol (click here to book your room)
- Crowne Plaza Austin (click here to book your room using code TFR) – PLEASE NOTE: Transportation will NOT be provided to or from the Crowne Plaza. You are encouraged to carpool or use ride-sharing services (Ride Austin, Fasten, Fare – please note that Uber and Lyft are no longer available in Austin).
Current Issues Resolutions Passed by the TFRW Board of Directors – As of January 28, 2017, three resolutions have been passed by the TFRW Board concerning current issues for the 85th Legislature. These resolutions were brought forward by the Research and Current Issues Committee, chaired by Carolyn Hodges. Each one of these is considered a priority issue for TFRW, and TFRW members are encouraged to advocate for these issues with their Texas legislators. Click on the name to download and view each resolution.
- Promoting Photo Voter Identification and Confidence in Election Results
- Promoting Judicial Independence and an Accountable Judiciary
- Promoting Free Speech and Transparency in Elections
Becoming a Legislative Advocate – This PowerPoint presentation is available to TFRW members and clubs for basic training on how to effectively advocate for legislation in Austin.
TFRW Online Legislative Research – This tool is provided as a service to our members. Includes links for online legislative resources to enable you to follow the Texas Legislature more easily.
Who Represents Me? – A link to a tool hosted by the Texas Legislative Research Library that allows you to look up information on your legislators and certain other elected officials.