TFRW Woman of Distinction – November 2022
Mayra Flores is a Texas Congresswoman representing the 34th Congressional District in the United States House of Representatives. She is the first female Mexican-born member of the House.
Mayra immigrated here from Mexico legally at the age of 14 and is now not only a conservative Congresswoman, but the supportive wife of a Border Patrol Agent and mother of four children, which she believes is her most important job. She attended South Texas College in the Rio Grande Valley and chaired the Hispanic outreach for the Hidalgo County Republican Party. She is currently a member of Cameron County Republican Women and is considered a true warrior for our country.
Congresswoman Flores has already made her mark in the short time she has been in Congress such as:
- She voted to fund the entire U.S. Military; give a 4.6% pay increase for troops and enhance family/military health services.
- She voted for the PACT Act that ensures veterans exposed to toxic hazards during their military service are eligible to receive medical care and benefits.
- She voted AGAINST higher prices, against more IRS auditors, and against more expensive health care.
- She supported the Advanced Border Coordination Act of 2022 which helps our brave men and women on the front lines keeping America Safe.
- She voted AGAINST back door abortion provisions and supports defining marriage as only between a man and a woman at the Federal level.
- She co-sponsored HR 6590 to eliminate double taxation on social security benefits for middle class seniors.
Mayra serves both on the House Agriculture and Homeland Security Committees. She actively works to help people who have issues with the Federal government. Though she represents TX CD34, the entire country benefits from her extensive conservative and patriotic efforts.