President’s Message – October 2019
My Closing Remarks
You all know about those recurring dreams you have years after graduation in which you walk in late to take your final exam? Well, apparently, the same phenomena happens after a TFRW Convention. Since closing session, I have had the same dream, night after night. I forget to give you all closing remarks, and I forget to check out of the hotel!
Just in case this nightmare really happened, here are my closing remarks to you, our membership.
The past two years have been an amazing personal journey. Your TFRW Board of Directors and Executive Director Cindi McIntyre worked well together, on your behalf, and reached many of the goals we set out to accomplish in 2018 and 2019. Here are some of the highlights:
- The budget was balanced for two years in a row by cutting line items and careful spending.
- The Patron Program raised over $96,000.
- All events showed a profit.
- Our active membership increased to over 10,500.
- New clubs were formed.
- Board meetings were given a face lift and attendance at board meetings increased.
- Leaders across the state were identified and appointed jobs on the Board.
- 2019 saw a record number of applicants for leadership positions.
- Communication with members was increased through conference calls, a scattering of social media videos, and, of course, our award-winning newsletter.
- Every TFRW Club in Texas reported their campaign hours at least one time!
- Important issues during the legislative session were highlighted.
- A new interactive club map is on our website
- Social media was monitored daily.
- 809 tickets were sold at convention.
In closing, I am looking forward to our incoming TFRW Leadership. I have seen the goals and the vision of the next board, under the leadership of Glynis Chester, and to say it is exciting would be an understatement. The 2020-2021 TFRW will take this organization to even greater heights!
Thank you for the opportunity to serve.
Karen C. Newton, President