The National Federation of Republican Women established the Betty Rendel Scholarship Fund in September of 1995 in honor of NFRW Past President Betty Rendel’s extraordinary leadership skills and dedication to the Republican Party in her home state of Indiana, as well as at the national level.
The three annual scholarships of $1,000 each are designed for undergraduate students who are majoring in political science, government, or economics. The recipients are chosen from applicants from across the nation. The scholarships are given to students who have successfully completed at least two years of college coursework. Scholarship winners may not reapply.
A complete application must include the following:
- Official application form, sections A-F completed in full
- Three letters of recommendation, including phone numbers of authors for follow-up
- An official copy of your most recent college transcript
- A one-page typed essay stating the reason why the applicant should be considered for the scholarship
- A one-page typed essay on career goals
- Optional photograph
- State Federation President Certification
ONLY COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note: Applications must be submitted to your State Federation President by June 1. Each president will choose one application from her state to submit to NFRW. Any questions concerning this process should be directed to:
TFRW Scholarships and Internships Chair