The National Federation of Republican Women established the National Pathfinder Scholarship Fund in 1985 in honor of First Lady Nancy Reagan.
The three annual scholarships of $2,500 each are available to provide financial assistance and support to young students seeking undergraduate or postgraduate degrees. College sophomores, juniors, and seniors, and students enrolled in a Masters Program are eligible. Recent high school graduates and first year college students are not eligible to apply for the scholarship. Scholarship winners may not reapply.
A complete application must include the following:
- Official application form, section A-G fully completed.
- Three letters of recommendation, including telephone numbers of authors for follow-up.
- An official copy of your most recent college transcript.
- A one-page typed essay stating the reason the applicant should be considered.
- A one-page typed essay on career goals.
- Optional photograph
- State Federation President Certification
Only completed applications will be considered.
Note: Applications must be submitted to your State Federation President by June 1, 2017. Each president will choose one application from her state to submit to NFRW.
The scholarship winner will be chosen by the NFRW Executive Committee.
Any questions concerning this process should be directed to:
TFRW Scholarships & Internships Chairman
632 Merlot Court
McKinney, Texas 75069